I hope this message finds you well & you and your family are in good health. Like many businesses worldwide, LLS has found itself learning to find a new 'normal.'
Although LLS is not an 'essential' business and upon closing temporarily when the Prime Minister announced Lockdown, I have decided to maintain a level of service and keep my small business open. We might not have the luxury of celebrating our parties in style but we can still celebrate. We may not currently be selling cakes or baking as much due to shortages but what I have seen is that a lot of people are investing their newly found time in either expanding their existing businesses or starting up new ones all together as a way to keep their mind off this strange time.
The demand for my products has never been so high and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart. As a Key Worker, working alongside the NHS at UHCW in Coventry, watching all your messages & orders come through has been heartwarming.
With all this being said, my proposal for moving forward whilst restrictions are in place are as follows:
- Whilst all products are made in a clean and dedicated studio, more precautions have been put in place to achieve a maximum level of hygiene. This includes cleaning more regularly and hand washing upon handling every order.
- Orders are packaged, handled and postage all printed at home. There is no contact whatsoever with anyone else (unless members of my household) until items have been dispatched.
- All parcels are dispatched no contact. Items are franked at my house and posted in a designated postal drop off at my local depot.
- To minimise unnecessary travel, I am only posting on days where I am going to and from work (conveniently the post office is on the route) - On a temporary basis, this will be on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- There will be no special circumstances at this moment in time, therefore i cannot accommodate for next day delivery or last minute orders.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are several factors out of my control which may delay your order and cause delay:
- It is proving difficult to obtain stock from suppliers, and whilst it is not entirely impossible - deliveries are slower.
- I am a key worker and unfortunately at this time, I am working and dedicating several more hours to providing the support my co workers and employer needs. Whilst I would love to get your orders out to you in super swift time, I have to consider my career. First and foremost, my job as a parent to two little boys outweighs all of the above and I have the task of trying to juggle family and working life throughout this Pandemic.
- Royal Mail are now running a little slower. This is due to staff shortages and safety. First class postage is taking several days to deliver and no post is now being posted to homes on a Saturday.
Whilst every effort is being taken to get your orders out to you, please be patient & understanding at this time. Please continue to be kind and safe to one another and maintain the restrictions put in place by the Government. Together we will make it to the other side :)
If you have any questions relating to the above, please feel free to message me on email@example.com
Teya @ LLS x